For an introduction to Collaborators, check out this article.
Teammates & Collaborators: What's the difference?
Collaborators can only be added to one project at a time, while teammates can be added to various/all projects, if needed. Collaborators are ideal for one-off projects, but teammates are better suited to ongoing projects or for creative teams who collaborate with each other on a regular basis.
If collaborators are added to a Team plan, they’ll use one seat on the team - which will be paid for by the Team account owner.
️☝️ Note: The team role that was previously known as “Restricted Teammate” will now be called Collaborator.
Inviting a Collaborator to your Team
Follow the steps below to invite a Collaborator to your Team 👇
- On the Project Dashboard, click the profile image in the top right-hand corner. From the dropdown, select Invite People.
- Then, choose Invite Collaborators.
- Enter the email address of the person/people you'd like to work with and click Invite Collaborators.
- The Collaborator will then receive an email letting them know that you've invited them to join the Team. This email will include a link that they'll need to click in order to accept the invitation.
- Once the Collaborator has accepted the invitation, their status will change to "Active" and they'll have access to all storyboards within the project that you've invited them to join.
- If, at any point, you want to remove the Collaborator or change their role to a teammate, you can do this from the Manage Team page.
If you have any further questions about adding a Collaborator to your Team account, please get in touch and let us know - we'd be happy to answer them for you 💬